Even though many businesses are shut down in order to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, there are many companies and organizations that are considered “essential” and must remain open.
These essential organizations are busy, and their staff may not have time to eat properly. You can help out by catering in delicious and nutritious meals that can help keep vital employees healthy.
We Are Still Catering for Companies & Organizations
We want to assure you that we are still open—and open to catering for your company. It’s our privilege to deliver meals to first responders, health care workers, construction companies, public safety workers, banks, sanitation, and other groups whose work is truly essential to our ongoing existence.
However, there are a few things to consider nowadays when ordering catered food for the safety of all involved.
Ask Your Caterer These Essential Questions
You’ll want to know that your catering company is taking all the precautions necessary for safe food service, so feel free to ask questions before placing your order:
- Is anyone at your company experiencing symptoms of the virus? Or have they been in contact with anyone who is ill?
- Has anyone at your company traveled overseas or out of the country recently?
- What is your company policy on sanitation practices? (See our blog post on Our COVID-19 Action Plan.)
Opt for Safer Food Service Within Your Company
You’ll want to take some safety precautions within your organization when serving your staff. Here are some ideas that can help:
- Forego buffet style service for individually-packaged boxed lunches (hot or cold)
- Provide hand sanitizer for use before serving food
- Wipe down all surfaces where food will be displayed or consumed with a disinfectant
- Have anyone handling the food or food boxes wash their hands for 20 seconds prior to serving
- Supply trash cans or bags where people can dispose of their own plates, boxes, napkins and utensils
- After consuming the food, wipe down surfaces again with a disinfecting solution
Cater Corporate Meals in Several Ways
Maison Culinaire is glad to provide pre-packaged gourmet meals and boxed lunches in several ways:
- Large orders. Although we cannot accommodate individual orders at this time, we are glad to provide a bulk order for your entire staff. Spoil them with a gourmet lunch or dinner, or boxed meals, to reward them for their hard work and keep them vitalized for the work ahead.
- Weekly meal service. Maison Culinaire has partnered with Menufy to offer convenient online ordering for weekly meals. Your meals will be professionally prepared in our commercial kitchen, individually packaged, and flash chilled—ready for delivery to your doorstep. (Delivery within a 10-mile radius of our Sterling, VA kitchen.) Click Here to See Pricing and More Details.
- Keep in mind that weekly meal service is also available for home delivery.
Maison Culinaire’s Catering and Delivery Safety Practices
Because we’re concerned with safe catering practices, we want you to know that:
- Our foods are prepared in a commercial kitchen that is not a restaurant and not open to the public
- Access to our kitchen is limited to employees only
- We screen all employees daily
- All food is packaged and meals are individually wrapped in our kitchen prior to delivery
- Your food is transported in individual-use plastic bags
- Our delivery personnel are required to wear single-use disposable gloves when delivering your order, and must use hand sanitizer before and after each delivery
- We prefer to deliver your food to your doorstep rather than enter your business or home
Restaurant Meals Vs. Meal Kits Vs. Our Catered Meals
As our eating habits and food sources are shifting, how do they all compare?
Making Sure You Eat Healthy Meals is Our Top Concern
If you’d like to know more about catering during the Coronavirus outbreak or have concerns, please contact us. We are happy to answer your questions.